Wednesday 28 November 2007

Reflection

I’ve just read Mette's blog and I think she's right about the presentation on the wiki page. I seen other groups work and it’s very creative. Well, I guess it’s the quality that counts. Although there are study which say that most people scan through text on a computer screen.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~nog/2006/writing_files/frame.htm

So all the 'exciting' links, images and videos we’re adding on our wiki should attract readers and be quite straight forward and interesting.

Mette and Jana uploaded a lot of text in the Monday session which was great due to the techno difficulty they had. I have upload some relevant images and need to focus on a strong into and conclusion.

Thinking about cyberspace and from other classes I have, its interesting to see the links and representation of cyberspace in films, cyberpunk novels and reality.
I've been researching on the net into cyberpunk novels and films, their narrative etc... coming across Matrix, La Femme Nikita, The Lawnmower Man, Cyborg Cop etc all film involving humans interaction with information technology, data etc and all provide a form of warning to society of this technological development which can exceed human intelligence.

This reminded me of a conversation I had with Nigel about my concern with having too much technology and radiation around the house, and my dislike for my siblings always on the phone or MSN. Virtual communities are taking over!! nooooooooooooooooo!!! Just kidding.

No comments: